Tuesday 20 January 2015

Our First Aesthetics Project! :D :D Year 1, Term 1 (Informal Pre-Project Reflection)

  Hiii guys! :D

  So school's been really great lately and I've made lotsa new friends and started studying, and together with studying, there's been this one three-hour block in our week that's called our Aesthetics block. And let me tell you, it is both terrifying and terrifyingly awesome. Here in RGS, we do different modules of Aesthetics every term, and this term, we're doing needlework - and so we're doing a project wherein we have to scout around for fabrics in our houses and recycle them into functioning, creatively designed bags that we would feel comfortable with bringing around.

  Andddd.... I've decided what kind of bag I want to make! :D I was discussing the Aesthetics project thing with my mom because I honestly didn't know what kind of bag I'd make or what materials I'd use to make the bag, because all of my clothes have really thin fabric (you know the climate in Singapore) and that wouldn't be suitable for making something that's supposed to be able to carry my waterbottle, notebook and pencilcase without tearing into two. And plus, I really love my clothes so I don't want to cut them up and make them into a bag :'( Thank you for being thin-fabric-ed, clothes! Y'all are smart things! :D

  If those last few sentences made sense to you, I'd seriously applaud you for being able to understand Miss Looney - aka Yours Truly.

  So I feel kind of weird doing this particular blog entry, because I'm being as informal as usual with you guys and... This doesn't feel like homework at all O.O Part of our project is keeping an online journal - a blog, in layman terms - and recording our thought processes and the details of the creation of our bag here, in four different posts. And so this is kind of a prequel to all of the serious stuff that i have to do, and that means that I can be informal with all of you... Right? O.o

  If I'm wrong, I'm soooo sorry, Mrs Willamme - I promise I'll be a superserious angel for the formal posts. :D

  Anyway, you can expect me to get really formal during my Aesthetics Project posts, and I'll be writing lots of specific stuff that'll probably be boring to you (e.g. exact dimensions of each part of the bag, my WHOLE planning process etc. ect. XD) so don't feel obliged to read the posts ^^ I'm putting them here for my Aesthetics project. Oh yeah, and on a side note, I've already drawn out this supernice bag that I can make using my baby brother's diaper mat (you know, the mat that he lay on when my mom was changing his diapers when he was a baby) and an old quilt that my little bro slept with. MUAHAHA I'm stealing all of my baby bro's stuff XD XD But I'll repay him with lots of love in return okay? :D

  So I won't reveal anything to you guys yet, just to keep you waiting... *Wink* *Wink* But you'll get to see my work soon enough. We only have 6 weeks to make the whole freaking thing :( :( :( It's such a short amount of time. But as long as we focus and keep on schedule, I think we'll all do fine. :D

  So yeahh, that's the end of my post for now. Look out for the posts succeeding this one, okay? :D I'll see ya next time!

  Yours with lots o' love,
    Kirsten <3

No comments:

Post a Comment