Friday 29 May 2015

June Holidays!

  Hihihi everyone!

  So I'm FINALLY back after a whole hectic semester - and time really does fly by fast, doesn't it? I can't imagine that half a year has gone by already... I've barely immersed myself in the RGS Experience yet. Knowing that I'll only be able to spend 4 years in this beautiful school makes my heart hurt even more - I really, really never want to leave this place.

  This afternoon, 29th May 2015, Raffles Girls' School concluded its annual Sportsfest, and I'm so glad that I didn't give in to the temptation to sleep in and feign an illness, even though I only got to sleep at 1am the previous night and had to wake up again at 5.20 in the morning. Ugh >.< But the effort was totally worth it. I'm in the Richardsonian house -- and we won!! I'm so proud of us, and I'm so proud of everyone else - everyone in the school, be they Buckleans, Tarbetians, Waddlians, Hadlians, or members of my own kin - Richardsonians. This Sportsfest really opened my eyes to how wonderful and amazing RGS is, and it made me feel this wave of love for my school all over again, because I mean, which other school has this level of bondedness and boldness and love for each other as sisters in learning and sisters at heart? I might be biased when I say this but -- there's no school that can beat the liveliness and sense of belonging that RGS has, and I'm glad, really glad, that I came here.

  And the end of Sportsfest signified the beginning of something else too - you know it - the June Holidays!! :D Now people, I have mixed feelings about this little 1-month event - on one hand, I'm really scared, because this June I'm going to visit my mom's hometown, where everyone speaks a language that I can neither understand or speak, and I'll be seeing my maternal cousins after, what, five years? All of them have grown so much since I last saw them and I really don't know what to expect, and I really don't want to be awkward towards them - I want to become really good friends with them and build enough memories to last us another 5 years if necessary. But there's a language barrier between us - I know that my cousins can speak English too, and I think that they can speak it pretty fluently, but I feel like I'm inconveniencing them by forcing them to speak English instead of speaking their native tongue, which they're definitely more comfortable with. Language is a powerful thing - it can build friendships, form relationships and strengthen bonds, and yet it can tear connections down in a second, and dissolve old friendships into dust. It's unpredictable.

  And it's not just connecting to others that I'm worried about. I'm a Grade 2 violinist - well, technically I'm studying for a Grade 3 exam, but since I haven't gotten an official certificate yet, I can't really claim anything more than a Grade 2 - and yet I'm going to be made to perform at my maternal grandparents' 50th Wedding Anniversary. A Golden Wedding Anniversary. And let me repeat my point - I'm a Grade 2 Violinist! How is a tiny little unqualified, jitterbug-filled person like me going to put up a satisfactory performance that will make my grandparents and parents proud?? The pressure is immense :'(

  Oh well, but I've recently managed to negotiate a deal with my mom where I can skip playing the second song on my repertoire and just play one song for the whole wedding reception, and make up for the one lost performance by playing a duet with my younger brother, where the both of us will be playing Edelweiss. I'm totally unprepared for the second song and all, but it's my grandparents' wedding anniversary - I'll try. ^^

  And yes, now let's move on to the happier side of the June Holidays - the sheer, wonderfully vast, amazingly ample and unbelievably abundant amount of free time that we're going to have! I'm painfully aware of the bending of the No-Homework-Policy by my Math teacher *looks at said teacher accusingly* (even though I still love my Math teacher to bits because she understands how our class has a particularly immature and blur-sotong mindset and mostly doesn't judge us for it) but I'm sooooo happy because I already know what I'll be doing in abundance during the June Holidays --

WATCHING KOREAN DRAMASSSS!!! <3

  Yes yes, in case you haven't heard yet, I've recently restarted my K-DramaLlama life. During a time of stress this year, I suddenly remembered my very first KDrama, a show that I watched after PSLE, when time was ample and free-and-easy, and I recalled how much the show (which is, by the way, Boys Over Flowers) had made my emotions go topsy turvy and had made me feel so strongly for something for the first time in my life - and all of a sudden, I wanted to feel those things again. So I began collating a list of dramas that I would watch, by hopping around countless Drama Recommendation sites and noting down interesting-sounding dramas - and I currently have a very, very, very long list of to-watch KDramas in my phone. In the past semester, I've managed to watch two Korean Drama series(es? What's the plural of series anyway?), in between studying for exams and completing PTs and AAs and all of the supersupersuperstressful things that we have to finish here in RGS - I absolutely both of them to bits and I have to say, I'm pretty proud of myself for picking up good Korean Dramas at first sight. I'm pretty sure I missed like a gajillion good Korean Dramas that look boring at first and slowly develop and blossom into a drama with a wonderful storyline, but I'll repent for that sooner or later. ;D (Oh yeah, and if you want to know, the two KDramas that I watched were The Heirs and You're Beautiful <3 <3 <3 )

  So yupp, I think that that's all I have to say in this post! I haven't posted much recently (I haven't posted anything at all ugh) but I know that no one really reads this blog but me, and I'm pretty happy with its state now - I know that in the future, I'll be able to look back at all of these blogposts and see a side of what I was like "back then". So for now, I'll keep writing whenever something significant pops up and I want to share it with my future self. À bientôt, mes amis, and see you all soon! :D

  With a whole lot of jumpiness and love,
  Kirsten :)
(P.S. For now, feast your eyes on the adorable Jung Yong Hwa <3 <3 <3)

1 comment: